As I’m sure is “new news” to few, last Wednesday, members of the DKE fraternity marched with their pledges around Yale chanting slogans such as “No means yes, yes means anal.” Broad Recognition, Yale’s feminist magazine, published a scathing condemnation of the incident and the perpetrators. A Yale Daily News Editorial responded by claiming that while the incident was despicable, the Women’s Center’s response was an overreaction, serving only to perpetuate the “radical, alienating habits of years past.” Then, when there were complaints about that editorial, the Board ran one more clarification. Needless to say, it’s been a long week.
- Threatened at the Corner Store: the Men and the Milk
- From Afar, How to Use Twitter Effectively During a Crisis
- Gubernatorial Candidate Ken Cuccinelli Makes His Mark as VA Board of Health Votes for Increased Abortion Clinic Restrictions
- Why Aren’t Feminists More Calm and Rational? Calling Out Sexism and the Courage of Adria Richards
- What Everyone Doesn’t Seem to Understand About My Lack of Work/Life Balance – From a 20-something.
- RT @bavedonm: At @SenGillibrand town hall in the Bronx right now. "What we need to be working for is single payer health care" to overwhelm… 12 hours ago
- RT @AudraEqualityMc: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 twitter.com/mattyglesias/s… 12 hours ago
- RT @vanitaguptaCR: In case you missed it, here's my op-ed in the @nytimes warning about looming voter purges. #AMJoy nyti.ms/2uxGYZm 12 hours ago
- RT @FPWellman: That's weird. I was born in 1965 and did 4 combat tours starting at 26 in Desert Storm. twitter.com/johnjhudak/sta… 12 hours ago
- RT @FullFrontalSamB: “Sean Spicer crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can’t even imagine…” https://t.… 1 day ago